Terms & Conditions
Zoo Skatepark users under the age of 16 MUST have the consent of a parent or legal guardian before their membership or acceptance to the Zoo Skatepark is accepted. As such, this form must be read and completed by the parent or legal guardian (over the age of 18) that is responsible for the child / young person that will enter and use the Zoo Skatepark.
It is important that you read and understand the terms and conditions that will apply before you / your child / young person enters The Zoo Skatepark as it is a condition of using the Skatepark that you and your child / young person are in agreement with and will abide by the following Terms and Conditions otherwise membership and use of the Skatepark may be withdrawn.
It is a condition of entry to the Skatepark that these Terms and Conditions must be read and signed by you before you will be allowed entry to the Skatepark.
Scooter Riders, Skateboarders, BMX Riders, and Inline/Quad Skaters under the age of 11 must be supervised by a parent or guardian on site at all times.
By signing these Terms and Conditions you and your child / young person will, at the discretion of the Staff on duty at the Skatepark at the time of your / their visit (whose decision will be final and not subject to appeal) become a Member of the Skatepark.
You and your child / young person will at all times during your visit to the Skatepark be subject to these Terms and Conditions which may be subject to alteration or amendment by the Management from time to time without notice.
The following applies to both the parent / legal guardian and the child / young person they are responsible for.
I (Zoo Skatepark ltd User) AGREE AND ACCEPT THAT:
1. Only registered members and paying customers are permitted to use this facility.
2. Before entering the skatepark I have read and understand the Skatepark Etiquette rules.
3. Extreme wheeled sports can be dangerous and can result in injury always Scoot, Skate and Ride within your own ability.
4. I understand that whilst using the Skatepark I should wear full protective equipment at all times including: helmet, knee and elbow pads, footwear, wrist-guards or glove protection as appropriate and as advised by the Management from time to time. ALL Scooter Riders, Skateboarders, BMX Riders, and Inline/Quad skaters under the age of 16 must wear helmets at all times.
5. My equipment is fit for purpose. I understand that this may be checked by members of staff before entry to the Skatepark.
6. I recognise the high risk of injury involved in the various activities undertaken in the Skatepark and that I participate at my own risk.
7. In their structural state ramps pose no risk to a user’s health & safety. however misuse, abuse or inability to use the apparatus may result in injury or loss and should only be used for its intended purpose.
8 In the event of an accident involving myself I will report it to a member of staff immediately.
9. The Skatepark operates on session times and that my entry is allocated to the session block in which I arrive. If I am late I understand that I must still pay the full session price.
10. Refunds for sessions will not be given, unless the session is canceled by the Skatepark.
11. Management reserves the right to refuse entry or revoke membership at any time and to change the terms and conditions of entry.
12. I will follow the instructions of members of staff or any volunteers at all times. Management reserve the right to eject anyone from the Skatepark at any time.
13. Staff (including volunteers) may request that I cease using a particular facility to enable others to do so.
14. The Skatepark has a zero tolerance policy on abusive behaviour of any kind towards members of staff and that I will be ejected from the Skatepark in this event and be refused re-admission in the future.
15. I must always be aware and respectful of fellow patrons, staff and volunteers.
16. Abusive, discourteous or anti-social behaviour in or around the Skatepark will not be tolerated.
17. Bullying or violence of any kind is strictly forbidden.
18. Alcohol must not be consumed at the Skatepark except when expressly permitted by Management (over 18’s only). Anybody deemed to be intoxicated will be removed from the Skatepark or refused entry.
19. Drug use or possession will not be tolerated. Smoking will not be tolerated anywhere in the Skatepark
20. The Zoo Skatepark York does not accept responsibility for loss or damage of your belongings. Lockers can be hired from reception for valuables. Theft from the Skatepark or its patrons will not be tolerated.
21. Only food and drinks purchased from Zoo Skatepark Ltd can be consumed on the Zoo Skatepark Premises. Any food or drink not purchased on site is to be consumed only in the designated areas. I understand that if I spill any liquids or food this must be reported to a member of staff to be cleaned.
22. I will use the waste bins provided to dispose of my litter and rubbish I will not eat food, or drink on the ramps.
23. Littering, vandalism or unauthorised graffiti will not be tolerated in or around the Skatepark
24. I will be responsible for the replacement of any equipment that I may damage due to misuse.
25. I give The Zoo Skatepark York permission to photograph or film me as either as a participant in a group of players or as a winner of an event, competition or as a spectator in the Skatepark or at an event held at the Skatepark. I agree that the photos and or video collected by the Skatepark may be used for promotional use by the Skatepark.
26. No contests, events or photo shoots of any description may be held in the park unless organised by or in conjunction with and approved by The Zoo Skatepark York management. Participants may use their own cameras while at the park at their own risk of loss or damage. Spectators may shoot from spectator areas only.
27. I am a UK Tax payer and I give permission to The Zoo Skatepark York to submit my details to the HMRC to redeem Gift Aid on my admission to the Skatepark. I understand that if I am not a UK Tax payer or do not wish The Zoo Skatepark York to claim Gift Aid on my admission I must inform the member of staff processing your admission on the day of arrival. Alternatively you can write to the Skatepark in advance of my session explaining my withdrawal from this option.
Please see below relevant policies and procedures in place at the Zoo Skatepark to ensure your health and safety:
Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kuo7V99u5IP9s7k2VJU6MUKIgy8kFi_E/view?usp=sharing
Health and Safety Policy:
Accident and Emergency Policy:
Equal Opportunities Policy: